Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sometimes I wish I were little again...skinned knees were easier to heal than broken hearts.

Things sure were easier to fix for cetain people I loved when I was younger. I could easily kiss and make it better, make promises of ice cream or a new toy or take them to a movie. Now they are all grown up and I can't fix problems quite so well. I don't like it, but that's life. We all grow up and the problems that used to seem monumental as a child, as a teenager even, are so laugable and trivial they aren't even worth calling problems.

And really, sometimes the problems we face now aren't as bad as they seem. Just when I think things are really at their lowest point, they can always go down a bit farther. Or, perspective changes and I see someone who is truly struggling with catastrophic illness or financial dispair and I realize my situation or that of a close loved one is really not near as bad as when I first looked at it.

And finally, when I stop my crying over the reality of what is and think about what is to come I can look up clearly and smile. Because, in the end we still win. But the struggle for me still remains that I want to make it better for that loved one now. I want them to smile, to laugh and to move on NOW. And it doesn't work that way. And I get angry....

No comments:

Post a Comment