Saturday, September 18, 2010

Review of Max Lucado's Outlive Your Life

I must first confess that in my mind, Max Lucado simply is not capable of writing a bad book.  It's just not possible!  Have you ever read any of his books?  Well, if you have, you'll  understand I think.

Outlive Your Life is an excellent book reminding us in very simple terms that we are to be the hands and feet of God.  That although we are common, everyday people, we are called to minister by an uncommon, holy God.  I'm not talking about becoming preachers or missionaries.  I'm talking about serving at the local soup kitchen.  Asking the recent widow down the street to come to supper one night.  Volunteering with Big Brother or Big Sister.

This book reminds me of the Brandon Heath song "Give Me Your Eyes".  Lord, we need to see people as you see them so we can help them how you want us to.  It's time we start ministering to each other as those in Acts ministered.  The church of today needs to become like the church of yesterday.

Through story after story, relating to his life and backing it up with sound scripture, Max presents the picture of what it looks like to Outlive Your Life.  Not just here, but for eternity.  It will move you to tears, but more importantly, it will move you to action.

I wasn't required to give this book a positive review.  I received it free through BookSneeze and I am disclosing this information to you in accordance with Federal Trade Commission guidelines.  The views expressed in this post are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment