Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Long time no post!

It has been quite a long while since I posted anything on here.  My apologies for being so slack.  I started back to school last fall and I have found my time to be at a premium.  I work full time, do online college full time and I believe I may be going crazy sometime in between!

I am excited to report that I am maintaining an "A" average in all of my courses and am on track to complete my Associate's in December.  From there I will transfer into the accelerated Bachelor's program, which, if all goes well, I will complete early 2016.  Pretty amazing since I just started last fall and I only had 28 credits to my name!

This is not an easy journey and those that do it, plus a job, plus kids...well, I admire you.  You are crazier than me, however I admire you!  Just kidding...you are not crazy.  Well, maybe a little.  Come on, you know it is true! 

We women take on so much in our lives and this is one of those times where I almost felt I had taken on too much to begin with.  I was more than a little disturbing, perturbing and other interesting words you can think of last fall when I first began.  Thinking back, fall might not have been the best time what with the holidays and all.  However, that is when the opportunity presented itself and in I jumped.  Head first in the shallow end it felt like!

Oh, well...I am in a routine now and things are not as terrible as they were.  It is all about commitment, setting goals and deadlines and then taking time to relax and just have "me" time.  Yes, you have to find that time, it is of utmost importance!  I think better and am a nicer person when I have "me" time.  Ask anyone, especially my husband!  And he has been my biggest supporter and such a great encourager.  I couldn't do this without him.  Thank you honey!!

Part of my journey has also included significant weight loss.  That has helped me function better in so many ways as well.  It is a process and I will continue to fight the battle of good food choices, however, it gets easier everyday.  I am down 22lbs and am so proud of my progress.  I joined an online group of ladies with similar goals on Facebook and that has been a great accountability tool.  I try to use MyFitnessPal however, I find I am very lax with it.  I just don't have time to update it regularly.  It feels like too much of a chore.  I did enter a Biggest Loser contest at work though and came in second.  Go me!

So, that is mostly what I have been up to over the last eight months.  I will try not to go so long between letters from now on.  What have YOU been up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment