Sunday, February 7, 2016

L.O.V.E. is God's commandment...

Ephesians 5:25 - Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

I know many inside and outside the church take issue with those verses in the Bible that deal with wives submitting to their husbands.  That is why I thought we'd look at God's command to husbands concerning their wives.  I think in understanding this command, one can better understand how wives submit without feeling marginalized.

Remember a few days ago when we talked about John 3:16?  "For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life".  God so loved us that He sent Jesus, Emmanuel, God with us, to DIE for US!  That is big love!

That is the kind of love that Christ is commanding husbands show their wives.  A sacrificial love.  A love willing to put self aside for the good of someone else.

When a husband loves his wife like that she will submit to him as the Bible commands her to do...and she will do it gladly.  A man who is following God's heart will protect his wife's heart at all costs. 

Women, if you do not yet have a husband, find one whose own heart is so wrapped up in the Lord that you have to seek God to find it.  Because when you find that kind of man, you will have found a keeper.

I know, because I have such a man.  He loves the Lord and he loves me...flaws and all.  He is my protector, my champion, my friend and my lover.  Just as Jesus is our protector, champion, friend and lover of our souls. 

So next time you hear about a wife submitting to her husband...remember the command for husband's...to love their wives as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for it.  It might make you think twice before ridiculing such L.O.V.E.

My hubby with our "babies".

No comments:

Post a Comment